Sir Richard Branson is an English businessman and investor best known as the founder of Virgin Group. Branson is widely respected for his out-of-the-box thinking and an abundance of memorable quotes on life, travel, business and adventure. According to a report by Forbes magazine, Branson’s estimated net worth was pegged at USD $5 billion in July 2015. He is the go-to guy for inspiration when you’re feeling demotivated.
We have selected his top 10 quotes:
1. Don’t think what’s the cheapest way to do it or the fastest way to do it…think what’s the ‘most amazing way to do it’.
2. The best way of learning about anything is by doing.
3. Chance favours the prepared mind. The more you practise the luckier you become.
4. If you’re hurt lick your wounds and get up again. If you’ve given your absolute best, it’s time to move forward.
5. Engage your emotions at work. Your instincts and emotions are there to help you.
6. When you’re first thinking through an idea, it’s important not to get bogged down in complexity. Thinking simply and clearly is hard to do.
7. Having a personality of caring about people is important. You can’t be a good leader unless you generally like people. That is how you bring out the best in them.’
8. ‘My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.’
9. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.
10. Right now I’m just delighted to be alive and to have had a nice long bath.